Monday, September 21, 2009

Do I Love Her, Do I Love Her Not?


HER?  Who's Her?  Cambodia, my friends.


Since traveling alone half way around the world wasn't scary enough, I decided I would terrify the shiznit out of myself even further and go to Cambodia.  What the hell?  Yes, that's what I thought too. 

Figuring that if I was going to quit my job...during the Greatest Recession....and go aaaaalllll the way to Australia then why not Southeast Asia.  Simple enough.


But mustering the hutzpah to do it was a study in courage and self-dialogue (or as amateurs like to call it, "talking to myself").  In the end, I chose to close my eyes, take a deep breath and leap...meaning, buy the damn ticket.  (It wasn't swimming but I'm equally scared of both).

To conclude before I even start, this choose my own adventure ended in one of the best times of my life.  Taking hold of your fears, taking the jump into uncertainty, can often times lead to the most fun of your life.  And the feeling of empowerment can fill your soul like a favorite meal in your belly - sometimes you can just burst of happiness.   
                                                


So before I get to the Cambodian delicacies I thoroughly enjoyed, I thought I'd sing an ode to my beloved with a song in pictures.





and yes.  I HEART Cambodia.                                          

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I sit in front of my own "fat-inducing" laptop, at the same time lumbering around in an ergonomically-challenging chair whilst in an office with a benign view of BMC Software Headquarters, I was fortunate enough to jump on MyFa and find this link.

Thanks for sharing what is surely just the tip of the iceberg regarding your soulfully delicious journey. In tandem with the sun's rays, your vocal gems have invigorated me into action this morning.

Godspeed with the job search.