Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goin back to Ozzie...ozzie...ozzie

On second thought, there's a few MVP's from the land of Oz that require an honorable mention in terms of grubbin: Mani and Le Chef Cuisinier Francais.

FIRST COURSE: The Indomitable Mani


Mani (in organge kurta) and her good lookin' brood



Who woulda thunk it that I would experience fragrantly spicy, full course Bangladeshi meals Down Under. As the reigning Queen of Cuisine a la the Sundarbans, Mani not only served Dhakka staples of soft white rice and delectable fish curry, but also spiced mutton, tons of masala'ed veggies and daal, or lentils. Although I haven't mastered the great South Asian art of eating curried rice with my hands, I'm rsvp'ing to all meals served with lovin by the elegant Mrs. Mani. I'll just take the snickers and guffaws for eating like an uncouth snob using my fork and knife.






Sundarbans, Bangladesh




SECOND COURSE: Le Chef Cuisinier Francais


hmmmm...or things that make you go yuuummmmmm...
how to start describing the best apple tarte tatin (or as i heard it, "tah-tah, tohn!"). this french fruit dessert was created on the gorgeous shores of Byron Bay, Australia by what I'd like to hope were also very lovin hands. Although the very winsome pastry chef will remain nameless, his home-made caramel, apple,
sugar sweet oooh la la made me want to keep this native frenchie in my kitchen..any kitchen..for a very long time.

Although I'm a serious restaurateur, Mani and LCCF are top chef to me and I'd be happy to sit for their hearty belly-fillin, home-cooked cuisine tours les jours. Bon Appetit!

Byron Bay, Australia


1 comment:

Tanvi Patel said...

I love how you describe Mrs. Mani's food here! I think you just created smello-vision. I'd love to RSVP for her meals too!