Sunday, December 6, 2009

Don't Mess With Texas



Technically, it's an anti-littering campaign for our great republic er..I mean state...but it's a pretty apt statement for the Texas resident.  "Don't be here messin with ma Texas or I'll shoot ya with my concealed handgun."     

just kidding.

I was raised in this proud state known the world over and so Texas is where I return when I need some family lovin, restin and relaxation, gigantic food plates inducin comas or even simply a refresher on my southern accent and country slang. 

Twangy music and mariachi bands.  Big blonde hair sittin next to Mexican cowboys.  Big guys, big buckles, tight jeans and cowboy boots.  No horse-riding to school, well at least not in most places, but enormous Chevy's, Broncos, and Fords to run ya riiyyyyggghht off the road.  Drivin for 8 hours and STILL in the Lone Star State.  My Indian parents and their hee-hawin neighbors.  Home is where the heart is.


As much as I run around, I truly do enjoy coming home.  As every Texan knows, no matter where ya go in the world, there ain't nothin like finger-lickin BBQ, Longhorn football games, 75 cent well-drinks, Tex-Mex, taco stands, river-ridin, 800 degree summers...and the friendliest people on earth.

Oh and the yellow rose: The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You

No comments: